Monday, May 24, 2010

Before and After

Well this is what I looked like immediately after the Canadiens loss to the Flyers.


And then another 5 minutes after that:

Please note the smile was not because the Canadiens lost.  Rather it was for getting the beard off.  I never imagined it would go on quite this long.  Just in time too as it hit 30 degrees Celsius today in Ottawa.  I was not looking forward to applying suntan lotion to my bearded face.

Unlike a number of other Habs fans I'm not overly disappointed that they lost in the third round.  They had no business being in the third round of the playoffs.  Rather I'm happy to see the emergence of Halak in nets and PK Subban on defense.  As long as Pierre Gauthier makes some good moves in the office season things are looking up.

Also, I would like to take the time to apologize to Hal Gill.  I used to slag you something awful when you were a Maple Leaf but your play last year for the the Penguins in the playoffs and this year with Montreal has proven that you sir are a true warrior.  I tip my hat to you.

No comments: