Friday, January 7, 2011

Book Review Catch Up: Mission of Honor

Initially I was very excited to get the latest Honor Harrington novel, Mission Of Honor, in my hands. It had been 5 years since the last book.  After reading it I can't even properly express how disappointed I was in the story.  To me it just seems like a bridge novel between the previous 11 books which dealt with Manticore's war with the Haven and the upcoming war with the Solarian League.

It's just a lot of shuffling of deck chairs where the villains, Haven, are shuffled out and replaced with the Solarians as well Honor is given a personal reason to hate the Solarians.  It just seems like the whole series has hit a point where it needed to be rebooted and can start fresh.

I'm rating this book a pants.  Skip it and look forward to the upcoming A Rising Thunder which is due in 2012.

No comments: